Monday, September 24, 2007

MY LIFE ON THE STREET.


The street was another hell that existed during my stay in the streets of mbale in uganda.but i called it a home because i had no where to live in since i could not bare the situation of my new father who only wished me suffering.Well, life on the street was not easy because to get the bread of the day was between live and death.we used to do all kinds of evil ways to get food.i used to steal poeple's money,clothes to sell,food from the market and i remember some time i would be arested and beaten up seriously but still,i would go back because it was the only way to survive.I also used to beg from Mbale taxi park and some time in th post office which was risky.One day i was slapped by this man whom i aked for money and what he did was to spit on my face and told me that i was hopeless and that he was not my father neither he is was not the one who brought me on the street.While on the street, i used to take drags and it reached to a point whereby i would not last for an hour without drags.i was forced to take drags because of an able to cope up when i was abused by the poeple and also i took drags to enable me survive cold at night in a way that if i take them,i would be taken by a sleep up to another new day.The police was another big obstacle that i encountered during my stay on the street.At night they would beat me up and make me walk with them the whole night.some time they would take a way the money from me that i had,this forced me to sleep in broken pipes and in the grave yard since they were afraid of going to the grave yard.Fighting was part of my life,i always fought my friends when they hurt me and we always sheded blood every time we fought and no one could seperate us.people would just stand and cheer us because we were seen like animals fighting.My food was more than left overs.i picked food from the gabbage which some time had lasted for two days but still, i would eat it.this food was mixed with ciggaretes,broken glasses and some time with poeples saliva.People called me all sorts of names like chokora which is a swahili word wthat means some one who picks from the gabbage and eats everything that comes across him or her,maungu which means some one who is hopeless and has no future in his or her life which to me is a lie because right now i have a bright future a head of me.finally my thanks goes to everyone who has taken a step a head to support street children.really if it wasn't by your helpful hearts, i would not be sharing my life experience with people and also i would like to tell people out there that are adictated to drags that drags are harmful to our health and if you think its hard to get out of drags,thats a lie,my brother,sister,friend, you can make it i mean you can stop it.if i managed to get out of it,then you too can manage.Is just that we need to make decissions for ourselves and listen because if you want to be somebody and if you want to go somewhere,you have to pay atention in a way that i did.being on the street to me was like being in darkness where you can not see anything. i could not see my future and i didn't see one time myself in Norway but when i got time to make decissions and listened,i started seeing my future and now i am in Norway.Hey look its not late for you too.

No comments: